Friday, November 21, 2008

Love-Hate

Katie calculated that we only have ~18 days before we go home... that's crazy! Part of me is desperately longing for home while other parts of me will desperately miss it here. I've found that I am a melting pot of emotions during exam time. I hate exams with a passion. I thought CH was bad, but I have two exams here that account for 50%+ of my grade... gahhh!! I also have 3 others that count for no less than 35% percent of their respective grades. There is just so much information to stuff in my brain. For instance, I have 1000+ slides of testable information for my finance exam plus practice exams to go through.

Anyways, these exams are making me want to go home back to UNC where I know how to study for everything. However, after they are done I am heading to Borneo to see more of SE Asia before I come home. I'm really pumped about that. I'm sure the last week before I leave is going to be tough. I'll have people to say goodbye to as well as a home to leave. It's crazy.

Today I went to Tea Chapter near Chinatown and I learned how to take traditional chinese tea. It was really cool. I have learned so much about the culture here since I have been here and am really excited about that. I also made it to some markets last weekend. I still don't understand how there can be so many shops here. I don't know how people have the money to support it all.

Alright, this is all I got right now. My brain is killing me and I have to get back to finance lecture number 9, Bond Valuation=92 slides... gahh. Then it's off to studying for my philosophy exam tomorrow. It'll be all good in 5 days when I'm done.

No comments: